Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nothings gonna change my world

11:32 PM

I am pretty sure Im getting my first tattoo this weekend. Im pretty excited about it, and strangely enough Im not nervous at all. Im scared shitless of needles, they are one of my biggest fears, that and spiders. The only thing I don’t know about the tattoo yet is where on my body Im going to get it done. I know I am not going to be getting a tramp stamp, because that’s just not classy. 
The tattoo is going to say “जय गुरुदेव ॐ” which is Sanskrit, it means “glory to the shining remover of darkness,” I bet a ton of you are saying: “why the hell would you get this, are you buddhist or something?”. And no I am not a buddhist nor do I speak sanskrit at all. But it is the mantra featured in The Beatles song “Across the Universe” when you listen to the song you hear it in the chorus: “jai guru deva om”
I am a diehard Beatles fan, I always have been and I always will be. So I thought it would be the perfect tattoo for me. And depending on how this experience goes, will depend on future tattoos. 


that is for the most part what it is going to look like, but I think im going to get a lotus flower somewhere on the tattoo too. But I am not really sure yet.

I am getting it done at, No Ka Oi Tiki Tattoo, it's on South Street which is in Philadelphia.

*if you've ever gotten anything done there please tell me about your experience, thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello...that's amazing...i know I'm 3 years later but i'd like to know if you finally got that tattoo...i'm going to get my first tatto very soon and as im an inconditional fan of The Beatles I have decided to choose that mantra in sanskrit also...i've been a lot of time looking for the perfect fisrt tatto that represents something important in my life, and i've found you blog searching for some desings for it...maybe is not the best notice to know that someone in the world have the same tattoo as you but there's no turning back, so i'm glad to know that somebody thought the same i'm thinking now. i'd love to see your tatto!

    ReplyDelete